Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No Shade....




So last Friday night, my friend Aundra and I went to the "No Shade" party at the Mocca Lounge in SoHo. The party was hosted by Maurice Ruinea, Dwight Allen O'Neal, and Adam Benjamin Irby, all minor black gay celebs here in NYC in their own right, and I thought it would be a great way to try to become more social here in New York. I'm a notorious homebody, but if I'm going to be successful in all of these new endeavors, I really need to be putting my face out there a bit more, so that's what I was going for. Also, I had gone to the Mocca Lounge once before for Adam's birthday party and had a blast. I had also met him before at Fire Island Black Out and randomly on the 3 train before either one of us knew who the other one was.

As for the crowd, I guess it could've been better (more on that here), but I personally enjoy a smaller, cute crowd instead of having to elbow my way through crowds of people so I can get my drink on. It was also my first time in VIP anything, so I was enjoying drinking my champagne and looking down over the crowd and such. I also got to meet the soon-to-be-superstar Isis, who makes Top Model history tonight as the show's first transgender contestant. She was humble and lovely, and I regret not getting a pic with her, because she's about to BLOW UP (you know, the way that most reality show stars do when they're on a show that gets promotion and ratings...*cough* *cough*).


When it was all said and done, me and Aundra headed out, only to be accosted by an actor who wanted #1 - To talk to Aundra, who is admittedly a good-looking guy , #2 - To promote is website or blog or myspace or something or other, and #3 - To debate politics in the rain at 3AM on a Saturday morning. Seeing as how I had to get up in 4 hours to go to the shore with my boyfriend, I wasn't having it, and Aundra and I politely excused ourselves to the horrors of the NYC subway system at 3AM.

So that's it, my first night in VIP and it went OK. I'm going to try my hardest not to make my life (and this blog) into lifestyles of a Z-List NYC celeb, but there is a bunch of cool stuff happening right now, and I wanted to keep all 10 of you filled in!

Next up.... I'm walking in a FASHION SHOW! More on that soon...

No comments: